Sunday, July 22, 2007

Up and down


How unpredictable life can be? One moment I was crying of joy, and the next I'm also crying. But of frustration instead. Yesterday I received an sms from my beloved family that goes like this (I highlighted the magic sentences!):

Hv dinner with friend? Very tired from walking a lot, because u are still not used to it. Never mind, take more rest. Or u can stay back at library. We buy Harry Potter book 4 u. Like it or not!!

And my reply is:

U mean the last harry potter book???? Yahoo!!! Went to pasar malam with roommate. Haha, sure can become thin if everyday walk so much. Everyday also got morning class, cannot sleep late. Haha. Thanks dad n mom!! Yay! Yahoo!

Their reply:

Yes. The last book.

My reply:

Oh!!!! I LOVE U ALL!! THANK YOU!! Thank you!!I can't wait to read it! Wow! Thanks! My wish came true! I'm so happy!


I AM genuinely surprised and happy! Unlike Donald who accused me of otherwise. I was just chatting with Donald through MSN Messenger about how I want to get my hands on the last book. And about the price war and boycott by a few main bookstores. Before the message arrived. Well, they are the last person I thought who would buy me that book. Wait, let me explain. Because the earlier books are either I persuade my Bro to buy them for me or I save my allowance and wait for its price to drop. After being seen reading the books, I usually get a comment or two about how pricey the books are, etc. So, this event made me feel even more grateful of them, more homesick and I love them to bits! Because it means a lot to me, knowing that they bought something, that they feel is expensive, for me. AND I didn't even breathe a word to them about wanting to have that book. (You see, the scenario would be different if I did any persuasion or *cough cough, threw tantrums (Yes, I'm the spoiled, youngest brat in the family, but I don't do it that often now) because then, I would only feel that they did it reluctantly.)

So that was the good news. Now, get your pails and bug spray out.

Rainwater are leaking into my room through the windows!!! *#&!@$&#&! Grr, I hate shoddy workmanship. And after the rain, bugs fly into my room!!! I wonder how they do it. I already closed all windows and door. Except the most upper part of the window, where they put those type of windows that are supposedly to let the hot air out. Hot air, my ass. They doesn't make any different on a hot day. And now on a rainy day, they let the bugs in! Arg!!! There is only ONE bug that I like, that is Bugs Bunny. Imagine six-legged creatures crawling, flying and jumping on your bed, laundry, desk, and laptop monitor. How annoying and gross. Plus, your pails, small and big, are all arranged nicely below the windows to collect the rainwater.

It rained yesterday. It rained today too.

Sigh. The ups and downs of life.

No comments: