Friday, October 19, 2007

Do'h

Went to the new Pavilion today after a disastrous lunch with Donald, Dolphin, Kitty and Sook Ping. Sworn I'll never go back there. No, not Pavilion, I meant the place we had lunch. My lungs just got blacker after an hour there.

Guess what we found at Pavilion? J.Co Donuts & Coffee! Ok, I confess, I didn't know it is a famous doughnut shop before Donald told me about it today. I only heard about Krispy Kreme from s0hp0h. Would really like to try tat one day. If it ever open in Malaysia. So, there was a long queue when we got there, and you can totally see its kitchen with the bakers busy baking new batches of doughnut non-stop. Apparently the queue will be longer after the office hours end. Or so Donald said. XD

They are selling one doughnut for RM2, and it gets cheaper if you buy half a dozen, or a dozen, and so on... So, we bought two dozen and split it accordingly to how much we wanted. I think there are more varieties but I guess they couldn't bake fast enough. So I picked four, a Tira Miss U (not bad, it's soft and fluffy), a Jack Black (whole thing covered with chocolate, surprisingly the chocolate is not too sweet, has a bit of bitterness too), a .. forgot its name ... but it smell like mango (haven't eat it yet, leaving it for breakfast tomorrow) and a Snow White (covered with powder icing sugar with vanilla cream inside (Dad ate it, forgot to ask whether he like it or not). I haven't tried any other brand before except Dunkin's Donut, so I can only compare J.Co with Dunkin's I guess. Hahaha.. Since you can practically see they take the doughnuts out from the oven, hence it's fluffier and fresh. So for the moment, J.Co gets my vote. That said, my goal is to taste Krispy Kreme and see how it fares. But I guess I'll have to wait for a long time to get that chance...

My only regret is I didn't pick the original flavor (glazed). Hmph, maybe next time..


PS. In case you think I didn't bought enough for Dad and Mum, or I ate theirs XD, Mum doesn't like sweet food, so an extra for me. Hehehe...

PPS. It's an Indonesia company XD

No comments: