Monday, February 25, 2008

Enlighten


Guess what woke me up today? A phone call! I jumped up from bed thinking "Shit! I'm late!" because the coursemates who stay at my hostel and I will wait and walk to school together and if anyone is late, we'll call them.

But, a surprise was waiting me, plus making me super wide awake. The caller was my niece. Sobbing on the phone, I couldn't hear properly what is wrong with her. After some soothing words (got to have some skills lah, I'm an aunt for TWO cute nieces and ONE handsome nephew what^^), I managed to get the gist of what is wrong. She didn't finish her homework, so, scared about going to school. The reason why she didn't finish them during the weekend can wait. Right at the moment, finding the solution fast would be the highest priority. Since I'm in Penang (obviously I couldn't go to her right away, plus she study in a Chinese school and I'm a banana XD), I called Dad and ask him and Mom to go there ASAP. Then called back my niece to tell her Grandpa and Grandma is coming so don't cry anymore.

Don't know why this small incident compelled me to blog it down. Or why I feel happy. No, I don't take pleasure in other people's misery. Maybe her call reminds me that I am needed. And my call to my parents reminds me I still have people who loves me. It makes me feel ALIVE. And suddenly my world don't seem so blue anymore. I guess I've been feeling blue for the wrong dilemma. My "personal adviser" is right, the more I want to distance myself away, the more deeper my feelings grow (which is the opposite of what I wanted!!). So I should just carry on as usual than avoid the problem.

And this little morning incident reminds me that I should be grateful because I AM loved and I love them! Maybe it's just not the right time for me to have the "other" kind of love at this moment probably. I might not be able to handle it now anyway. So, I'll just let destiny and fate to do their works. In the meantime, I'll be there to wipe the tears of anyone who needs me and also as the listening shoulder.

No comments: