Thursday, August 06, 2009

My Myth Buster v1.0

As tagged by s0hp0h in her hilarious post about busting myths about herself, this is my myth-busting post.

Hahaha.. but what myths that I want to bust?? Let's take it step by step, one by one...

Myth 1: I'm fierce. So much until people do not dare to approach/befriend me. Ouch. That one sure hurts. I am not fierce lah. What makes people think like that wan? OK, maybe the cold face I show to people have something to do with it. But, it's a cold face. Not a fierce-looking face. Lol.. Okaay, maybe my cold face looks fierce. *shrug* What can I do about that? Plastic surgery? I don't normally plaster my face with a smile for everyone! I mean, you won't want to get close to a stranger/weirdo who keep smiling at you and everybody right? Unless he/she is a hottie, of course. Well, I'm not. Back to the myth, I am not fierce lah, I might shoot people with cold, deadly stares but that is just because of my mood swings. Or I find something that you did/said is preposterous. Or both. Hahaha... My principle is do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I won't shoot you if you did nothing wrong to me. You play nice, I play nice. You bully, I just bully back. So, FALSE. I am absolutely not fierce. I don't bite, I just shoot. Hahaha...

Myth 2: My mood swings like roller-coaster-bungee-jumping-crazy, whenever, wherever. No need to deny this. I am a Cancer, the mood swings are in the package. I can jump for joy in the morning, then sink deep into the sea in the afternoon, then float back up to shore in the night. It's tiring, yeah, I know. But that's me. I am terribly sorry for those who kena shot by me during my moodiness, I'm sorry >_< It's not I want it to stay, I just haven't found the cure. So,TRUE.

Myth 3: I eat a lot. WTF. Thanks to someone who spread this around. Thank you so much that I wish I can hug you to death. I mean, wth?? I eat a lot? Maybe your other female friends eats two spoons of rice and a sip of water per meal (in front of you maybe, but not behind you). And isn't it a bit unfair? A guy can stuff his face full with a plate of chicken rice (added extra rice) and then another plate of char kuey tiaw (big), nobody gives a damn. If change to a girl, jaws are dropping everywhere. Sexist stereotype! Furthermore, I eat the normal three meals per day. I don't even eat supper, ok? Eating buffets, yeah, I eat a lot, but the bulk of food is actually (usually) NOT taken by me! I help people who like to take and take and take but realized they couldn't finish it, to clear a bit the table. Plus, it's such a waste of food. If you still think I eat a lot, show me your proof before you go and announce it in public. Thus, FALSE.

Myth 4: I'm quiet. Well, you should have noticed how long and how much I ramble on and on about something in my blog, that you won't label me as quiet. Ok, I heard someone is saying, writing is different from speaking. True, true... but just like my writing, I talk a lot if it's something that I'm interested in and the person I'm talking to is a close friend. (I regard you as my close friends, hehehehe... ) I can be loud whenever I get excited about something. And you'll definitely hear my laughter from afar when I hear a good joke. However, I admit, there are times where I would keep silent, preferring to give no comment or opinion. Sometimes I love silence, space to rest and clear my mind. And you won't find me being an active talker in a conversation if I barely know you. It's not that I scared to talk or timid. If you ask me, I'll answer. If I want to ask you, I'll ask. So I guess it's semi-TRUE?

So far, that's all I can think of right now. But if you have more myths about me that you would like me to clarify, leave a message in the cbox, I'll list them and do another mythbuster post. lol..

No comments: