Saturday, September 13, 2008

My 20 weeks Journey

My last day of training. I could probably tell you all about it until the cows come home. But then you'll probably bored to death before you finish reading. Hahaha... Someone told me that I talk too "detailed-ly". I mean, when I talk about something, it's full with details. No offence taken, because I think so too. Hahahaha... I think I really would bored someone to sleep or until they get too annoyed and reprimand me or avoid me next time I see them (or punch me in the face to shut me up, lol). Hahaha...

This someone said is not that I cannot tell people about all my stuff, or lie to people, just tell what is sufficient and decline to talk more about it if I think I have said enough. The thing is, sometimes I just can't shut my mouth. Hahahaha... Nonono, I must not be in denial. So from now on, my posts will have lesser details. Hahaha... I'll just add more of my laughs in it to make it longer. Hahahaha...

No lah, sometimes there are stuff that is personal to you, and blogging doesn't mean tell it to everyone. Blogging to me is about sharing a little about myself and also to record down the moments in my life, so that I can read back what that I've done or accomplish and tell it to my grandchildrens. Bwahahahaha... Thanks for that someone to remind me that it is not necessary for me to tell ALL or lie, just say NO if I don't want to talk about it. Hahaha...

So my last day, it was a great, marvelous, happy day for me. Oh by the way, the last day is yesterday, in case you are wondering. Oh no, no details, no details. Hahahahaha... On that day itself, I was feeling all the warmth from the colleagues (whom I'm close with lah, not the whole dept, lol) and too busy to feel sad. It finally hit me this morning, that I no longer will wake up so early, ride van to office, nap on my desk (I arrive very very early, hahaha), kepo around, chat with colleagues when I'm free, get bullied by some (lol), joke and laugh with them, eat with them, hang out with Xifu and Ximou (as the name implies, my mentor, hahaha), oh my, I missed them already! So yeah, it only dawned on me that I won't get to do all that liao. Huhuhuhu....

Ah, but I had a lot of fun, so I should not be sad, hehehe... Thinking back, maybe God really had planned it that way. I really didn't plan to intern at Penang (being a frequent "homesick-er", KL should be my choice :P). But then I didn't expect to have very few offer from companies too. I had doubts too, during the first month of the internship. Did I make the right choice? Am I strange to stay here instead of going home? Many (MANY) people asked my why I choose to stay here. I guess that shaken my confidence of my decision. Even though Dad was more eager to have me home, but Mom said I can stay if I want to. That was all the support I need. Hehehe...

Initially I had to keep assuring myself that I can do it, I can stay here and work, I can learn to be more independent because I was doubting my decision so much. Luckily for me, worklife started to be not so bad, I do enjoy it. And I begun to adapt to living outside of campus. I guess, with a positive outlook, all is good and will be good. Sure, once in a while there will be a bump, but with a bit effort, you can pass through it and be proud that you succeed. Hehehe... It really has been a great experience. If I had to choose again, I would choose the same thing. Hahaha... As time goes by, I learn to enjoy more and more of all the things that happened. Be it a lunch or a chat or a small but kind gesture from a colleague, I felt happy and content with life. I used to wish for a lot of things because I was not content with my life, I wished that things are different or better. Now I realized that life is how you think it is. Wishing for something better or resent or keep complaining about your life will just hide the silver linings. By appreciate everything and think of the good side of the situations, my life can be much happier and satisfying.

Oh my, now I'm being an annoying philosopher. HAHAHA.... No mah, want to share what is the most important thing I learned mah. Hahaha... And it is not just for work, it can be applied generally. Like since I didn't get to see my family as often as I want, I appreciate every trip back to hometown more. Getting calls from home is great too! It's sad to miss important events, but it can't be helped, getting depressed about it won't make it better. Hahahaha..

So, enough of life lesson talk. Let's talk about my last day. Went to a restuarant opposite Queensbay there for lunch (Friday 2 hours lunch, hehehehe). Since is my farewell lunch, I didn't need to pay. Hahaha.. But they say I ordered too cheap liao wor. But I'm not the type of person who would order the most expensive thing in the menu just because they are paying mah. Hahhahaha, see, I'm such a good person. Hahahaha... Even though it's "cheap", I don't mind. Having them eat with me is very give face to me liao. Hahaha... I got a feeling this post will get mushy at the later part. Hahaha... Then back to office. Since is last day already, no work lah. Bwahahahahaha... I start to clean up my place as you probably know, I'm a messy person. Hahahaha...

Oh yeah, the night before my last day, I cooked all night long. Hahaha... I made caramel custard to give all the colleagues as a token of thanks. Hahahaha... silly, I know. But well, I just want to give something as a leaving "gift". Other colleagues who left also gave something on their last day. Most gave ice cream (from the canteen downstairs, haha, so I thought something homemade would be nicer and more special. Hahahaha... I'm just a sucker for wanting to be unique and stand-out sometimes. Before this, I already tried cooking it for my housemates, and I get thumbs-up from them. Hehehe, so my caramel custard won't memalukan me. Hahaha... So I spent the afternoon giving out the pudding while thanking them.

Photo-taking already done on Thursday (haha) because one of the other trainees have to leave 1 day earlier. Mostly took groupshots because not only me is trainee mah. Hahaha... There are 5 of us (including me). And not my camera mah. Hehe. I wished I took more "pair" photos though. Oh well, better than none.

Actually in the morning, there was this prank that made me a bit boh mood. Hahaha.. This is the "bully" that I get loh. Hahaha... But my anger sort of lessen in the afternoon. I begun to laugh at it also. Hahaha... Is sort of, I "mengaku kalah" and "enjoy" the bullying while I am still here. Hahaha... Then they surprised me with a gift. Lol. It's a piggy head, the kind that you can squeeze here and there. Haha... And a "card" from them. Hehehe... I was really surprised and touched. (Ok, I'm getting mushy now, haha) It is really nice to receive a gift, even if something small. It's the thought that counts, eh? Hahaha.. I didn't get to thank them properly though, maybe is because I worried I might really tear up if I hug them or something. Hehehe.. Just hope my thanks expressed what I felt. Instead of tearing up, I smiled all day long. Because I was really happy. And still are! Haha..

Well, that's all. Boy, it's an extremely loooong post, and you still want more details??? Hahaha... From now on, I'll let "private" be private, "personal" be personal. No offence, but I'm entitled to some privacy, right? Hehehe... Plus, I don't see YOU telling me so much about your life. Bwahahaha... And I respect that. :P

No comments: