Monday, February 23, 2009

Swimming hazard

>_<"

Another embarrassing moment in my life. Lol.. OK lah, maybe I am too sensitive about it, I guess other people might think it's no big deal. Haha.. OK, this is what happened this evening: My leg cramped while I was swimming today. Thank God, I didn't drown. Hehe.. Still managed to hop to the pool ladder and climb out from the pool. As quickly as possible, I went and sit at the corner, hoping nobody else noticed.. LOL.. The coach came (guess I failed in becoming invisible ;P) and helped me stretch my feet and leg for awhile. Then he went back to order other people to swim this style, that style, etc. I thought my leg recovered, so I quickly go back into the pool again. But just when my legs were halfway down into the water, the cramp comes again. More painful tim. >_<"

What to do but to sit at the floor there (where I was about to enter the pool) and stretch my leg? I didn't think I could hop back to the corner, it's too painful. Don't know where the coach is, I was too self-conscious to ask for help anyway. So embarrassing. Then, (don't get your hopes high for me, lol, no handsome lifeguard came to my rescue, hahaha...) a fellow swimmer asked if I was having cramps then climb out of the pool to help me. LOL. Although I was VERY glad for his help, I was also feeling VERY self-conscious. Thank God for the foggy goggles to blur my vision, so that I won't notice if there is anyone else (other than my fellow swimmers; I'm taking swimming as a course for this semester) at the pool is looking at me. But his technique is good (not to mention strong, HAHAHA, ;P), the cramped muscles soon relaxed.

I couldn't recognize who he is however, because all swimmers, especially guys, who wear swim cap and goggles, looks the same to me. Lol. For girls, at least you can agak agak recognize the swimsuits with their colors and patterns. But for guys, almost all also wear black Speedo and cap. LOL. Before my face reddens, I hastily say thank you and slip back into the pool. But then even if I recognize him also nothing ler. So many other girls with great body figures and nice skin in my swimming class. Who will pay any attention to fat, hairy and "airport" girl wor.. Hahaha... Now you see why I feel self-conscious?? Hahaha.. My self-confidence level is nil too. Anyway, really grateful for this kind-hearted guy who took pity on me. Hehe..

Even though no more cramp, I was very worried if the muscle cramps again. I was losing the mental battle. My mind keep thinking about cramps. >_<" So I didn't dare to kick my legs much, was swimming like a snail. Eh, can snails swim? Haha, anyway, today no jump-into-water session (thank God) so I just float around until the class ends. Hoho.. That's the report of another embarrassing moment in my life.

PS. Anybody knows how to avoid muscle cramps? I did do warm-up exercise before swimming de wor.

No comments: