Sunday, August 03, 2008

Refurbished

Yup, yup, yup. As noticed by Wwh aka Charlie(lololol), SummerScent got a new look! Following s0hp0h's new blog, I decided to give mine a new skin, with the same colors. Hahahaha... Green is environment-friendly and better for the eyes. HAHAHA...

So, hope you all like it, and doesn't hurt your eyes as much as the bright RED skin that I used to have. Hehe..

This time what do I should I blog about leh? The other photos, I leave it to another post lah, because it's cheating since I use photos to cover the lack of my typing. Hahaha..

How about some food review? Just a simple one, I'm not a flogger after all, because I just don't have the financial capability to go a lot of different places to eat different kinds of food. I am, after all, a poor student, trying to get a degree and get my butt out there to earn some cold, hard money. Hahaha.. So, I eat what my wallet can allow me to, which means, cheap but stomach-filling food. HAHAHA.. what? It's true ma. Unless you are staying at home, you have to be thrifty a bit ge lor. Haha.. So when I get to go to some new places to eat some more expensive food, must be excited lah. Hahahaha..

Last Friday went to this Japanese restaurant nearby for lunch since a colleague is leaving already. It's called Ichyo, I think it is located near the BJ roundabout there? Erm, yours truly is not that good in memorizing road directions. Hahaha.. So, ride in Xifu's car again with Ximou and Rachel. We got lucky, there were THREE cars in a row leaving their parking spaces. LOL. The atmosphere of the place is quite nice, but because it's lunchtime on a working day, there were many people there, luckily we already booked a table. For 18 people. HAHAHA.. The photos are not clear, because I took it with my mobile phone and the lighting there is dim. So, sorry if the pictures look unappetizing. Hehe.. I ate Set D of Hanchan Set Meal (it sounded so Korean, lol). There are a bowl of ramen, (I ordered the one with spicy soup) a bowl of fried rice and gyoza. Oh, before that, there is appetizer in a small bowl, I think it's different everyday, and the one I ate is fish (I don't know what kind, maybe salmon, hehe) and daikon soaked in soy sauce. The ramen is OK, the soup isn't the hot and spicy kind, more like the sour and a bit spicy type. A bit like Cintan mee assam laksa flavor. HAHAHA.. The fried rice is very flavorful, BUT a little too oily for me.

As for the gyoza, well, this is the first time I ate gyoza (I seldom order side dishes in Jap restaurant because set meal seems more stomach-filling, you know?). HAHAHA.. But even if I haven't ate any before, I can tell that this one is not nice. Why? It looked way different from the menu picture. HAHAHAHA... No lah, it's because hor, first, it's not plump. I mean, like sui gao (erm, dumpling? or dim sum? Hahaha.. or yong tau fu? XD), should be plump a bit ma, this gyoza was like not enough fillings inside. Hahaha.. Second is the skin teared when I pick it up. And it was cold. Maybe because they anticipated crowds so they prepared it beforehand? Maybe only that day the gyoza is like that? Hehehe.. Anyway, I'm only telling what I experienced. After all, taste is a subjective matter. One man's meat might be poison to another. So, do give the food a try. Haha.. Plus, I only tried the set meal, there are also bento, sashimi and others. Anyway, I had fun eating there, oh, they have these tiny TVs showing Tom and Jerry cartoons for you to watch while waiting for the food. Hahaha.. but the serving time is quite fast.

The lunch ended with the complimentary ice cream (yum!) and photo-taking. Hahaha.. Erm, I didn't take picture of the ice cream, because I ate it as soon as I got mine. HAHAHA..

The chopstick XD

The fried rice and gyoza

The ramen

No comments: