Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Am I too greedy?


Am I too greedy? 'Why I could be content?' is something I badly want to scold myself for. I just want things to be like usual, you know. Yea, I know changes is inevitable but I am trying to adapt, just need more time than other normal people. Life cannot be static, yea, I've long realized that... but it seems I still can't fully accept it.. More importantly is why I still being upset over petty, trivial stuff.. Could it be PMS that distorts the small issues??? No, no, I'm giving excuses again.. to deny how selfish I am. How I always think about me, me, ME. How I get upset over things that only concern my own happiness.

But is it so wrong to wish for a holiday where I can do what I want, eat what I want, sleep as long as I want? I know it's not like I won't get another holiday, but it's only the one that I'll get for this semester because after next semester, for my long holiday, I'll be WORKING. That's right. Well, it's not that I haven't worked before. But this is my industrial training. And I'm really really not sure what I've been studying at school will be sufficient for me in the dog-eat-dog world. Trust me, it's really a "big box of chocolate" out there. You'll never know what you'll get.

Alright, so I admit, I'm worried about the training. Plus the part where I have to choose which company and the nerve-wracking, nail-biting, sweat-pouring interviews. So I thought that this holiday will be spent ahem, recklessly. Hahaha.. My ass. is the only thing that is getting recklessly bigger.

Niece is staying over. Not that unusual. But this time, she'll be here until my WHOLE holiday is over. so much for some peaceful timeout. There goes the hours that I planned to play the laptop too. Plus, she's joining my return to Penang. Mum and Dad drive me back every new semester. Right now I'm having urges to tell them that I'll ride the bus back this time. Too bad the hotel room has been confirmed. And even though I'm thinking of going back by bus, I really want them to drive me back. Because it's hard to go back after a holiday at home. Yea, I still haven't got over my homesickness, so sue me. Though, the long bus trip kinda bored me a bit.

The fact that I'm having the shortest holiday AGAIN (among my friends) pissed me off too. So much for a holiday.

No comments: